Today we saw Cheri for our 38 week check up- and again today we were blessed to be told that all is well!
BP is good (118/64), weight gain is good (9 pounds total so far), measurements are good (38 cm) and Baby B is head down, butt up - though he is not engaged yet and still kind of floating around in his mommy pool for now.
Baby B is full term for sure now so if he decides he is ready to be born he should be healthy and fully cooked- which is reassuring for sure. His nursery is ready, the newborn size clothes have been washed, his coming home outfit is ready to be packed.... now Mommy needs to get cracking on the next part of the to do list: pack a hospital bag for mom and dad, find the carseat so Ry can install it when the time is right, finish my schedule for my speech kids at work, finish up the last of my classroom set up at the school, and make an address list for sending out Baby B's birth announcements. Which sounds like a lot- but honestly none of it is mandatory all just preferred.
Not much else to report- Cheri is out of town on and off until next Sunday the 18th but Alli is certain she would take great care of us so I guess things really are ready to go if he is ready.
I am kind of hoping he keeps cooking for at least one more week and would be totally fine if he wanted to stay in there for two more weeks- each week he stays in mommy's tummy is another week that I can work which obviously delays my return to full time work further into the school year....
I was rereading my journal from Grayson's pregnancy and noted that at this time when I was pregnant with him I was already so puffy that I couldn't wear my wedding rings anymore- that hasn't happened yet which is nice. I am also not as swollen or uncomfortable as I was this time last time around- which is also nice. Though I am still hoping for a very similiar delivery experience so I don't want things to veer too differently :)
No comments:
Post a Comment