Saturday, May 26, 2012

8 months old

Keegan is 8 months old.  2/3 of a year has passed since Mr Big Stuff was born- and I simply can't believe it.  I feel like I look at him and he has changed and grown from one minute to the next.  My heart literally hurts sometimes looking at him as he is changing so quickly.  I fear that I am going to blink and he will be graduating from high school and leaving home.
Keegan is a big boy- and continues to grow.  He and his big brother are now in the same size diaper (size four!) and K is wearing 18 month clothes.  He is finally trying to grow some hair- I can even almost mess it up in a bath or with a wet washcloth for a minuted7.  Keegan can scoot backwards and roll like a maniac all over the place.  He loves Grayson's toys and is giddy when he can push a button and make something happen.  He is now eating solids two to three times per day- loving pears and sweet potatoes, mangoes and apples, and a variety of other fruits and veggies. He would eat puffs and rice crackers all the day long if we would let him and loves to practice pinching them with his sweet baby fingers.  He is grabbing and reaching and planning all day long- you can just see the wheels turning as he tries to plot how he is going to get whatever he has set his sights upon. 
Keegan is working hard to figure out the whole crawling thing- he can do the inch worm, he makes a great triangle with his booty up in the air, he flops dramatically forward, he does a great dolphin kick, he rolls rapidly in many directions and can spin on a dime- but he can't quite coordinate forward movement that even resembles crawling.  It is amusing to observe though he gets pretty frustrated and I don't think Keegan finds the whole situation amusing at all.
Only a few more weeks til summer break and we will all four get to spend much more time together- I can hardly wait to see my lil man more and watch him keep growing and changing- I predict a joyful few months ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment