Wednesday, June 1, 2011

24 weeks

At my 24 week appointment this week I discovered that I have gained 9 pounds in 4 weeks! Whoops....is about all I can say.  Ali kept telling me that because it has been SO blessed hot and therefore I could be retaining water or maybe not moving as much due to the heat that the weight gain may not be 'real.' But I also need to be careful. Since I lost 3 pounds in the beginning of this pregnancy this weight gain puts me at only 6 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight- which is not awful.  However no one should really gain 9 pounds in just their fifth month of pregnancy so I better keep things in check from here on out.
It has been SO hot and miserable and we have been so busy that I haven't been able to walk or work out much at all this pregnancy.  It makes me kind of nervous because I worked hard during my pregnancy with Grayson to walk daily and work out frequently to try to support an easy and safe delivery- and I haven't been able to do that this time at all.  I would LOVE to experience a similar delivery as I was blessed with last time but that also means I should probably try to find the time and energy to get moving, walking, doing Bradley exercises, being treated by the chiropractor..... and yet it seems that there just isn't enough time.  Hopefully things will slow down a little bit and I can make taking care of myself and supporting a good delivery a little more of a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment