Tuesday, August 30, 2011

37 week appointment

37 weeks (or will be on Thursday) means technically this baby is 'full term' and if he was born now he should be just fine.... hopefully he will stay in there and keep cooking as I just am not ready quite yet... I have some things at work I would *really* like to take care of before Baby B arrives so I can really relax and focus on him when he is here. But if he decides to show up he should be cooked enough to be healthy and in the long run that is all that matters.
We saw Alli this week, Grayson was an angel boy (a sucker during and after the appointment certainly helped).  My weight went up by another pound or so- no biggie, blood pressure is nice and steady (112/64), Baby B's hear rate is slowing down a bit (131 this week) which is apparently normal.  Alli didn't have any great advice to get rid of my restless legs other than doing what I am already doing- but I didn't really expect anything new or fantastic so I am not too disappointed.
Results of the Group B Strep Test are.... Negative!!! Yippee!! That means no fluids or antibiotics during delivery- and makes me so very, very happy.  I do have to have an IV put in but they will cap it and will not make me have any fluids at all :)
Not much else to report- we have our appointment with Cheri next week, and Alli the week after.  Between appointments with the midwife, the chiropractor, back to school meetings, and more things are getting remarkably busy and I suspect that I am going to be shocked at how fast the rest of this pregnancy goes by (and I have been surprised at how fast it has gone so far) and it will seem like no time at all from now that Baby B arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment