Saturday, August 20, 2011

Large and in charge

Baby B is taking up some serious space in my body.  Serious space and lung capacity have been given up to my little bundle of joy currently sharing my body. According to Babycenter at 35 weeks   "Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete – he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight."
At work at the hospital I have given up the elevators so I have been taking the stairs every shift.  Two weekends ago I could make it from my office in the basement all the way to the fifth floor without taking a break or feeling totally out of shape.  Today however I only made it to the fourth floor before I was panting, sweating and totally short of breath.  Turns out Baby B has grown a lot in the last two weeks and is now invading my lung space making me short of breath after even the most moderate exertion- which I have to say is slightly disconcerting as it makes me feel out of shape (and God knows I have a major physical event coming up in about 4.5 weeks) and it is also odd to take so long to catch my breath BUT if Baby B is growing and strong then all is good and I guess it is actually a good thing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment